• Frank Ocean OFFICIALLY Confirms Sexuality


    First off let me say CONGRATULATIONS and ABOUT DAMN TIME! I am not saying about damn time to Frank Ocean but about damn time that someone in this music industry steps up. Steps up from the shadow and stereotype of the certain "image" gentlemen in the music industry are supposed to have. Steps up to brave the world and be proud of who they truly are. My hat is off to Frank Ocean, on July 4, 2012, at 1:40am I salute Frank Ocean.

    There have been many rumors swirling around about this mans sexuality as if it made any difference in the first place. Now initially I did not believe them I thought everyone was reaching and just trying to make a story. So I decided not to say anything until NOW. Tonight Frank Ocean posted two tweets on his timeline that could very well change the face of music FOREVER. The rumors of Frank Ocean being bisexual began maybe a day or two ago. Stating that he was singing to men on three of his tracks slated to be on his debut album. The songs were Forest Gump, Bad Religion and Pink Matter. I played it all to the left stating that he was just possibly singing from a girls perspective to get them to be able to relate.

    I was wrong. Frank posted a tweet on his timeline stating that BaseGod (the rapper) was right. The tweet stated
    "we’re all a bunch of golden million dollar babies. my hope is that the babies born these days will inherit less of the bullshit than we did. anyhow, what I'm about to post is for anyone who cares to read. it was intended to fill the thank you’s section in my album credits, but with all the rumors going round.. i figured it’d be good to clarify.. "



    Frank went on to post this link to his tumblr http://t.co/mP7zEm3a

    When I read that link a tear almost fell from my eye. The fact that I am seeing a black man in the industry to come out of the closet and embrace himself fully. The black gay community has to put up with so much in this world when it comes to our sexuality. It has gotten so bad that people are afraid to come out and show who they really are and love themselves. I commend Frank Ocean for not being someone who everyone else wants him to be but sticking true to who he is. 

    No matter what race, gender and sexuality you are there will always be ONE person who will come into your life and change it FOREVER! For Frank Ocean that person happens to be a male. Frank goes on to say how he tried to hide his feelings through dating females. I love that Frank decided to share a piece of himself with the world tonight without being forced or outed by someone. 

    I'm not going to ramble on but I truly admire and respect Frank Ocean. I thank him for being honest, real and living his life for exactly who he needs to live it for, HIM! 



    0 comments → Frank Ocean OFFICIALLY Confirms Sexuality

    Post a Comment