• MUSIC: 'For My Brother' - Jhene Aiko


    This truly heartwarming! Jhene Aiko recently released a new song entitled 'For My Brother' which is dedicated to her brother Miyagi. Miyagi lost his two year battle with brain cancer yesterday passing away but not before hearing this song at the tender age of 26. Jhene stated that she recorded this song a minute ago and it was really supposed to be just for him but after his passing she decided to release it for the world to hear. Jhene Aiko says that 'For My Brother' gives her a new meaning now. It was supposed to be her singing to her brother telling him to never give up his fight with cancer but now she can hear him singing it to her saying don't give up on her dream of being in the music industry.

    Jhene Aiko was recently signed to Def Jam records and has been grinding for quite some time now. She's definitely a dope artist to watch out for in the future. I remember when she was rocking with B2K and their record label. I loved her back then too. I honestly feel that she has been through a lot and has plenty to say in her music. I can relate in a sense my family is my everything so I understand where she is coming from with this song. I recently had a sister battling breast cancer; thank GOD she beat it.

    On the other hand I couldn't imagine how she feels losing a brother especially when you guys are so close. I would DIE if something ever happened to my sisters they are my everything. This song is very beautiful and breathtaking. Her song writing is impeccable and I look forward to seeing what she has to offer musically. 


    Listen to this masterpiece below.

    0 comments → MUSIC: 'For My Brother' - Jhene Aiko

    Post a Comment