• INTERVIEW: Designer J. Lamar Talks 'ShyTie' and More


    It is one thing to call yourself a designer, but having your work speak for itself is on a totally different level. Designer J. Lamar gives us the inside scoop on his tie line and more.

    1. What inspired you to start your own line of Neckwear?
    Ever since I was a child I loved Neck Ties and Bow Ties. As a keepsake after my grandfather passed away, I got all his ties and some how that connection between me and him lives on in my line. I always payed attention to how his ties were tied and how he always said that the ties make the outfit. That is something I truly believe! 
    2. How is your line different from those that we may find in big retailers?
    Shy Tie gives you a variety. We have a variety if styles and colors 
    3. Out of your collection, which of the bowties is your favorite? Why?
    Wow! I really have to say honestly I love all 34 styles the same. Since my style changes daily, each Shy Tie product accommodates all of my different styles. 
    4. Do you have plans on branching out and doing other fashion besides Neckwear?
    Yes I do. Shy Tie is releasing a line of scarfs as well as a line of female clutches this Fall. I have so great things coming for our consumers. 
    5. Where do you see yourself and your brand in 5 years?
    In 5 years I see Shy Tie merchandise being sold around the world. I see Shy Tie boutiques in the US, France, Italy, London. Shy Tie will have Neckwear, Accessories, Clothing, and Shoes. Within 5 years, Shy Tie will be compared to brands like Ralph Lauren. 
    6. If you could pick one celeb to have wear a piece from your collection, who would it be?
    This is a hard one but if I had to pick one it would be Rihanna. Her style is remarkable and it stands out! I feel like Shy Tie would be a perfect fit for her because our products stand out.

    Check out Shy Tie online at www.ShyTie.com!


    0 comments → INTERVIEW: Designer J. Lamar Talks 'ShyTie' and More

    Post a Comment