• ALBUM REVIEW: 'Two Eleven' - Brandy (@4EverBrandy)


    If anyone would have asked me a question about Brandy a year ago I would have probably thrown shade. The 'Put It Down' singer returns with her sixth studio album with a new label, new attitude, and a new outlook on life. Honestly, I was not checking for Brandy nor had I purchased any of her work prior to this new era. The album was bound to be a banger tho with contributions from Chris Brown, Drake, Frank Ocean, Bangledesh, Sean Garrett, and Rico Love.

    I have quite a few favorites from the album. My absolute favorite track from the album would have to be the Eric Bellinger penned track 'Without You'. The piano/drum heavy, pop-esque track is so relatable as Brandy digs deep into her vocal cords to sing about being deep in love and not knowing what she would do if she lost her spouse. Another of my favorite tracks from the album would have to be the Sean Garrett penned track 'Do You Know What You Have'. The Mike Will ('No Lie' , 'Bands A Make Her Dance') produced track is so sexy and makes you want to ask your spouse if they really know what they have in front of them. Rico Love knows how to make a sexy song which is why I'm in love with 'Paint This House'. The track served me a cute grown n' sexy vibe as Brandy sings about her and her spouse painting the house with their love.

    B-Rocka took things to the hood with the heavy bass in a few of her tracks. 'So Sick' is a very catchy tune where Brandy sings about being in love too hard to the point that it makes you sick. It is pretty evident that the singer is singing about her happy relationship with beau Ryan Press. Brandy's happiness shines from her new man in her track 'Wildest Dreams' too where she sings 'never in my wildest dreams did I think someone could care about me, not just the way you love me...'.

    Brandy samples Swedish pop singer Lykke Li's 'Tonight' in her track 'Let Me Go'. The track is very heavy in the bass department and could potentially be a good single being that it has that radio friendly quality. If I were on her label I would definitely make the Rico Love penned track 'No Such Thing As Too Late' the third single from the album. The song is perfect in every aspect and feels right as Brandy taps into her falsetto to sing about not wanting to rush into love but rather let it happen on its own. Emotional.

    Is it me or did anyone feel like the track 'Hardly Breathing' was meant for Dawn Richard? Cute.

    Overall, Two Eleven is by far one of Brandy's best pieces of work. The album flows smoothly and B really tapped into her vocal cords to showcase some great notes. I will definitely be purchasing a physical copy of the album when it hits stores on October 16th.

     

    0 comments → ALBUM REVIEW: 'Two Eleven' - Brandy (@4EverBrandy)

    Post a Comment