• INTERVIEW: 'Big Momma' Talks Industry, Homosexual Rappers, and More (@clitracist)


    1. What/Who inspired you to use your rap talent?

    Definitely Notorious Big, lil Kim, and foxy. They are major influences to me. I strive to bring that hunger and flow skill those 3 icons contained in their lyrics. It's like you could hear the integrity and completeness in their rhymes. It's inspiring.

    2. Do you find it challenging being an openly gay rap artist? Is there a lane in the industry for those types of rappers?

    At one point in my career I did, I say during the time I was working on my 1st mixtape (Big Momma's House) and I was just thinking to myself "would people take you seriously? What would your family say if they heard you rapping about the things you speak about?" then of course I got a bit discouraged but I realized it's not about who I sleep with its about my skill and what I bring to the table feel me? I'm so confident in myself to the point where I think my listeners forget that I'm gay and not to mention im actually working with some heterosexual artist at the moment.

    3. What do you think about the current roster of female rappers (Nicki Minaj, Iggy Azalea, Azaelia Banks) versus the oldies (Lil Kim, Foxy Brown, Trina)?

    Umm... All three of the ladies are very talented, I respect each of them and what they're doing to keep female empowerment alive. I actually knew of iggy before all of the signings and xxl freshman list accomplishments and I must say the girl put in work to get to where she is now. She dropped YouTube videos like every Wednesday of her freestyling over a hot song that was popping at the moment and the editing that she did to the videos showed that she was serious about her shit. Much love!

    4. If you could collab with any other artist in the industry (rapper or singer) who would it be? Why?

    Lol! These questions always get me... But imma have to go with my girl Kimberly. I just love and respect her so much, I could see a filthy 'Not Tonight rmx' with the queen. As far as singer??? Fantasia!! You know how you create a relationship with an artist through their music and you feel like you know them personally? That's how I feel with fantasia. I feel like she's my big sis and we used to sit on the porch and eat hot sausages and drink faygos or something. Lol!

    5. What do you think about other gay rappers such as Bry'Nt and Freedia?

    Bry'Nt is a sweet heart, he's doing his thing keeping us gays on the map. I love how he gives off this pretty boy vibe but his pen game is nasty! Much respect to him and his acting career also. I really don't know of Freedia so I can't say but much respect.

    6. When will you start doing shows? Any pride events lined up?

    I'm really focusing on getting my fan base up before I think about doing shows or any pride events but if I was ever offered the privilege to? I definitely would perform. 

    7. Out of all the tracks that you have graced, which is your fav?

    Black Madonna with Cakes Da Killa, y'all check out my baby on YouTube. He's doing his thing up north. Love him!

    8. Will you be producing any visuals for any of the songs from the mixtape? 

    Yes!!!! I'm in talks with the talented David Hightower to bring the infamous Fag Shit to life. He emailed me bout a month ago interested in working with me so I can't wait. 

    9. Where do you see your rap career in the next five years?

    Signed to a major label and being a leader.

    Download Big Momma's new mix tape 'Batteries Not Included' here.
    Follow him on Twitter @Clitracist

    0 comments → INTERVIEW: 'Big Momma' Talks Industry, Homosexual Rappers, and More (@clitracist)

    Post a Comment