• Miss Jia Talks Kill Pink, Blogging, and More


    Blogger turned jewelry designer Miss Jia has taken the time to chat with Hostal Malure on her new business venture, past ventures, and more. Peep what the YouTube personality had to say below!

    1. From a person that has done everything from blogging to hosting radio, what inspired you to want to tackle the jewelry business?
    Kill Pink was a project in the making for many years but what inspired me to get involved in jewelry was seeing different photos of friends/followers (on Twitter) who were wearing the beads. After seeing them so many times, I asked everyone where the best place would be to get beaded bracelets. I was sent a million links...and of all the links that I was sent, the bracelets (in MY humble opinion) were either a little more than I'd be willing to spend for a piece OR they were fairly priced but looked 'cheap.' So I decided to make my own and posted some on Twitter. When I did that, folks started asking me where did I get them, how much I'd charge to make them some, etc. Light bulb went off and I figured the bracelets would be an awesome lead into everything else that I have planned for the brand.

    2. Where did the unique business name of 'Kill Pink' come from?
    I have a serious infatuation with the color pink. It's so feminine but can be put with other colors to create an edgy look. All of the names that I came up with in the beginning had the word pink in it and I was killing myself (pun intended) trying to think of the perfect name. When I'd run the names I came up with by friends, they'd always tell me that they thought I was overdoing it...overthinking it, etc. In the streets, the 'slang' word for overdoing it or doing too much is "killin' it." So I figured...Kill Pink would be perfect :O)

    3. How is your line of jewelry different from other similar lines that we may find in major retailers?
    My line is extremely affordable, for one. I think that I made the prices fair b/c this is what I'd want to pay for something of this same quality. In addition to being fairly priced, I think that I work hard in pairing colors and charms that speak to individuals who value style and being unique. While I don't claim to be a fashionista by any stretch of the imagination, I do pride myself in coming up with really fun, quirky ideas and themes for each piece.


    4. Which piece from your collection is your favorite? Why?
    I'd definitely say that the Positivity Band and Boy Toy rank right up there. But I also love Cold Case, my F-ckless bracelet (which is not currently featured on the site) and Scorned. I only named a few but honestly, I love them all b/c they're all very unique and gorgeous!

    5. What are your future plans with the 'Kill Pink' brand? Clothing line?
    This spring, I will be launching a line of novelty tees as well as leggings. The purpose of Kill Pink is to reflect my own personal style. While I love "looking" at fashion just as much as the next person, I can't honestly say that I am IN love with it all. But I love leggings, I love tees...I love dope accessories, jeans and shoes. So...think about that and you'll get an idea of what's to come :)


    6. We know that business has been booming, any plans on discontinuing your other ventures such as blogging?
    I have a few offers from different folks who want to purchase the blog. I'm still debating. For the time being, I may just hire a few writers to help with everything, since I don't have nearly as much time to devote to it right now. It's still my love b/c it pays the bills but at the same time, I've severely outgrown it and am ready to move on to the next venture.

    7. Which (1) celebrity in the world would you die to have wear a piece from your collection?
    Definitely Rihanna. Rihanna personifies everything that Kill Pink represents. She just doesn't give a damn what others have to say or what they think about the person that she is...and anyone who can embody that should absolutely be rocking Kill Pink.

    8. Any words for your supporters?
    I'm really a hater of all things cliche but I do have one for you: Don't let other people get in the way of your dreams or what you value as your future. If I sat back and listened every time someone told me "no" or that I shouldn't, I'd still be working in somebody's call center, living pay check to pay check and barely getting by. Sometimes it's absolutely vital to step out on faith...even if you're the only one in that circle of faith....so that you can live the best life meant for you. Mother Oprah taught me so well.

    For more information on the line, check out www.KillPink.com .





    0 comments → Miss Jia Talks Kill Pink, Blogging, and More

    Post a Comment