• PREVIEW: Style Network's 'Chicagolicious'



    I finally had the chance to watch this show called 'Chicagolicious' on the Style Network.  After watching the actual show, I decided to write a little post about it. Chicagolicious is a new show on Style that premiered after Tia and Tamera's show this past Monday. The shows cast include AJ who's the head stylist and owner of AJ'S Chicago Salon, hairstylist Valincia, Macray, Barber Howard along with makeup artists Katrell and Austin. The cast also includes AJ's best friend Niki and AJ's cousin and director of marketing for the Salon Q.

    Chicagolicious is like the black spin-off of Jerseylicious. While watching this show I said to myself it's refreshing to see another successful African American man on his grind. AJ Johnson, the head stylist and owner of the salon, is trying to expand his business nationwide and I'm not mad at him. He has his team to help him get there but there will be some bumps along the way. Valincia is a MESS all by herself and I personally love it. Just by the way she talks and carries herself you know that she has been around the gays!

    Howard is the flirt. He flirts with every woman that comes in the shop. The only thing is that Howard is not all that attractive to me. To each its own. Austin is the country girl who's just getting there and trying to fit in. I like her; she's so cute. Macray is a stylist from a small town in Virgina who loves shoulder pieces and who also happens to be gay. Katrell is the head makeup stylist who also happened to model. Let me say that Valincia models also and she definitely does not let you forget it on the show. The show actually is not that bad. At first I thought it was going to be corny but it was rather entertaining.

    We can count on Valincia to bring all the cooky and craziness that I want to see on the show. I would love to hang with her while having some cocktails.

    Check the sneak peek for this week's episode of Chicagolicious below.


    0 comments → PREVIEW: Style Network's 'Chicagolicious'

    Post a Comment