• Janelle Monae Releases "The Electric Lady" Release Date


    Singer Janelle Monae revealed the official release date for her second studio album "The Electric Lady". The album, which features collaborations from Prince and Miguel, will hit store shelves on September 10th.

    "The Electric Lady was inspired by paintings. Every night I would perform and I would paint on the canvas while I would sing. I would paint this image of a woman (of a female body) every single night. Every night I would only want to paint the same thing over and over again. All of my friends saw the paintings and they encouraged me to give her a name," says Janelle about the album title. 

    The album is preceded by her current single "Q.U.E.E.N." which features singer Erykah Badu.

    I have a feeling that Janelle is going to bring Prince out during her BET Awards performance this weekend. That would be iconic.


    0 comments → Janelle Monae Releases "The Electric Lady" Release Date

    Post a Comment